Thursday, March 14, 2013

Finding Nemo

Since Patrick set up the first fish tank a year or so ago he has been talking about doing a salt water tank. Well 2 weeks ago he cleaned out the 10 gallon tank filled it up with salt water and live rock then he made me stare at this cute little tank in the living room for a week and told me it wasn't ready for fish yet. Well that just took all my fun away. I am in this for the cute fish and Patrick likes all the science stuff with ph levels and other stuff, which I guess is good because one of us should probably care about the numbers.

Anyway over the weekend we stopped by a pet store just to look I might add. anyway it started that we were just getting hermit crabs, a little help to clean the tank and one critter at a time then patrick decided he could get a blue damsel well there was no way Gabe and I were gonna let him get fish and not us, so we got a clown fish and an anemone too.

Gabe who had been watching finding Nemo all weekend clearly calls our little clown fish Nemo. Patrick thinks we should call it Marlin or something not related to the movie at all. We all know that it's gonna be called Nemo that's how kids work and when Wesson sees it he's gonna think Nemo too.

When I told my dad he said he would name the cute little fish Crusty. Like Crusty the Clown on the Simpsons. Oh Daddy, anyway we haven't named any of the others yet but I'm sure that will come when all the boys are home this weekend.

Here is a picture of our new additions. The anemone is white so it's a little harder to find in the picture.


Our tank isn't done Patrick wants corals but that will come later.



No comments:

Post a Comment