Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Look both ways!

Well I think I've done one of these posts before. I'm sitting in the hospital room, looking at my new husband wondering how in the world this crazy lady didn't see him. Really I mean he was wearing a bright teal shirt. Seems kinda crazy. Anyway one way or another I guess she didn't, or she was just going to fast to stop. Boom! She hit him. My poor husband lay in the middle of the road. Well luckily there was this wonderful man, Edward, who was in the Navy for awhile who jumped out of his car to do everything he could. I am sooo happy he was there. 

I was off work and headed to my parents for dinner when I got a call from Dave, Patrick's boss. I didn't believe him, at all, the guys have a tendency to pick on me so while I was turning around I asked him probably 6 times if this was a joke, needless to say it wasn't. I was a nervous wreck while driving and I'm pretty sure I was speeding the whole way, it seemed like everyone was driving at turtle pace. When I got to the hospital I ran in and told them my husband was hit by a car, that's when I met Edward he was waiting for me. He got the biggest hug I was so happy to meet someone who knew what was going on. 

I finally got to go see him! It seemed like it took forever! I was so happy to see his face. He was awake and talking that was such a relief! But he had on a neck brace which was kinda scary. They told me that his skull was fractured and that the blood was coming out of his ear. They also said the neck brace was just a precaution, they were just waiting to make sure that his spine wasn't injured. That was Tuesday.


Since then they have moved him to his own room it was a bit of a waiting game. At 5:00 Wednesday morning they finally took off the neck brace that was hurting his head so bad and started him on IV pain meds that don't mess with his tummy. He also said that his thumb hurts so they took an X-ray of it to see if its broken or fractured or anything. Luckily all is well with his thumb. 

We had to stay all day and wait because they wanted to do a CT of his head and make sure the amount of blood in there didn't increase. It didn't it actually decreased, score! that was just what I wanted to hear.

Well he wasn't eating much and he was still on IV pain meds because his tummy couldn't handle the pills. Anyway we didn't get to go home that night. They want him better. Well guess what me too! 

He did eat some apple sauce after the sentanced us to another night and by Thursday morning he had kept it down :) The trauma doctor said that as long as he ate some breakfast, and held it down too, that they would let us go home. I could feel the excitement on my face finally that meant they weren't so worried anymore, we turned a corner :) well he did eat a couple bites of cinnamon roll and home we went!


He wanted his wedding ring when we got  to the room. So sweet :)

When he came in as trauma patient they gave him a fake name, so he has been Xer Liquid the whole time. Kinda funny. 

He isn't completely healed yet but we are getting better. I'm just glad we are home where we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment