Friday, May 24, 2013

Until the end of time

Christmas 2011 Patrick asked me to marry him. I was so happy and totally surprised. Of course I said yes! He's amazing why wouldn't I?

Now almost exactly a year and a half later we did it we got married! Our love has just grown stronger, and I don't think we could be any happier. I don't think I could dream up anyone more perfect for me.

There was of course a ton of planning and I think it all came together really nice. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day.
Gabe and I

Patrick, Shawn and Wesson
Patrick's sister, Kelli, made our cake. It turned out great!
We couldn't have done it without our friends and family they helped do so much. Thanks to all of you!

Just a couple of weeks ago my aunt and uncle renewed their vows, for their 25th wedding anniversary. It was really nice. In a blog she wrote shortly after she mentioned how one thing they agreed on at the very beginning of their plans to marry was this, “No matter what would come into our lives, we would never discuss divorce”. It's kinda perfect don't you think? It is really something I think more people should promise each other, it's sad that divorce is so common. Patrick, the boys and I have all been victims of divorce and it has partially shaped who we are. Seeing this just made me realize that we can vow to do the same and not make it an option no matter what. We will forever be together, all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment