Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sickness

OK well the past few days have been a little hectic. On Friday Gabe was having some sinus drainage and was having trouble holding down food. This continued until Sunday. Sean went to work Sunday night and Gabe and I went to bed around 10:30. About midnight Gabe woke up screaming and sounded very horse. He was having trouble breathing. I called my dad and had him help me calm Gabe down. After we accomplished this his breathing didn't get any better so we made the decision to take him to the emergency room. I called Sean and he left work and met us there. While at the hospital they gave him 2 breathing treatments (which he hated), 2 x-rays (which he did not want to hold still for), and some prednisone (grape flavored and the only thing he liked at the hospital). By the end of all this it was 6am. He has been diagnosed with croup, which was explained to me as his air way being restricted. The nurse said its like laryngitis for babies.

He is doing better now and has been holding down his food much better than before. Due to him getting sick he now cannot have his surgery on Friday. He will most likely have to wait another 5 weeks or so, which means I don't have to worry yet and we will have to pay for it.

I stayed home with him on Monday and we napped and just laid around. He is doing better now, I just wish he was well. It is no fun having a sick baby.

On a happy note we got Gabe's pictures in on Monday and I picked them up from my Grandma yesterday. They turned out great and I already have them up. :)

1 comment: