Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year

Well this last year was definitely full of changes. I wasn't always sure if they were good or not, but have found lately that I am OK with change. I can say one thing about Sean's decision to leave me, and that is that I didn't realize how strange/bad our relationship was getting, or how much I wasn't getting out of it. I was happy, but it was kind of a delusional happy. Looking back on the last year even through all of the pain and confusion, I think it was a good choice. I still wish I would have had a little more warning, or have seen all the signs that were obviously there, but this is a new year.

I'm looking forward to my new life and all it has in store for me. This year is going to be a year of new beginnings.
  • The divorce will be final this year, hopefully sometime soon so that Sean and I can both put that behind us. There is a lot of drama involved and I really just want it to be over.
  • Gabe's surgery is supposed to be this month and I am really hoping that we can finally get this done. I am tired of waiting and fighting the system. I just want his circumcision fixed so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Ugg.
  • My baby boy turns two this year! I'm super excited, and really don't want him to grow up all at the same time. I guess that's just part of being a mommy.  :D
  • I'm also excited about my and Patrick's new relationship. I cant wait to see where it leads us. It has been great so far having his support through all of this.
  • I'm hoping to back to school this year as well. I just don't really want the time commitment right now. I just haven't felt like I get to see Gabe enough these past few weeks.
Gabe is doing really good. I have started him on a new bed time routine. He goes to bed at 8:30 every night, and best of all, he does so in his own bed. Most of time he hasn't been giving me any trouble, as long as he has both puppies and a bottle by his side. He is getting so big. I do think that his new bed time is part of the reason I don't feel I get to spend enough time with him though. I know how good it is for him but I miss getting to spend 4 hours after work with my baby, especially since I only get two now.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that I talked you in to the bed time thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, yea I know you did :P

    Ok everyone Patrick is the reason Gabe sleeps in his own bed. He was there to get me through it the first night when Gabe was so upset. I am a big sissy and was gonna go get him out of bed cause he wasn't sleeping. But...Patrick was there to keep me from doing so. YAY Patrick.

    You happy now?? :P

    ReplyDelete